Weddings are stressful! After all, it’s the day you’ve been dreaming about your whole life. Your every detail needs to be perfect because ultimately you want to look back on this day and remember it as a fairytale. So we’ve compiled a handy wedding checklist for each month leading up to your wedding, to make sure all the planning is on schedule and hopefully leaving you with some time to catch up on your beauty rest.
The essential monthly countdown starts now.
12+ Months wedding checklist
This is only the beginning stages of your planning journey, so be careful to not work yourself up over minor details just yet!
- Congrats! You have chosen the wonderful Collisheen Estate as your perfect wedding venue.
- Choose a style for your wedding (For some inspo, check out our 2017 Wedding trends, here).
- Pick your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Schedule your engagement photos and choose a photo shoot theme (Pinterest will be your best friend!).
- Start compiling a basic guest list.
- Researching wedding dress styles and plan a shopping trip!
- Design and order your “Save The Dates”.
10 – 12 Months to go
And the countdown really begins.
- Mail out your save the dates.
- Book your officiant.
- Book your photographer and videographer.
- Purchase your wedding dress or go for your first fitting with a designer.
Wedding checklist for 8 – 10 Months to go
- Finalise your guest list.
- Research florists and décor specialists (remember to get those quotes).
- Choose your bridesmaids’ attire, and accessories (yay – more shopping!).
- Decide on and get quotes for the style and flavour of your wedding cake (yum).
- Register for gifts.
6 – 8 Months to go
Only a few months left to go!
- Research wedding favours.
- Find inspiration for hair and makeup, and book your stylist.
- Meet with your officiant to start planning your ceremony.
- Choose groom’s and groomsmen’s outfits.
- Book transportation to and from the venue.
- Book your DJ or wedding band.
- Research wedding invitation designs.
- Start planning for the honeymoon!.
4 – 6 Months to go
Things are getting serious now. It’s time to focus and get to ticking off that wedding checklist’s boxes.
- Order your wedding invitations.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Book accommodation for your wedding night.
- Book honeymoon flights and hotels.
- Choose your floral arrangements.
- Schedule more dress fittings and alterations.
- Decide on your playlist – include a “do not play” list for your DJ or band.
- Order your favours.
- Book make up & hair trials.
- Consult a lawyer regarding those all important antenuptial contracts.
3 Months to go – you’re almost there!
- Order gifts for your bridal party, parents and for each other.
- Mail your invites.
- Prepare yourself with a system for RSVPs.
2 Months to go
- Write your wedding vows.
- Review your ceremony details with the officiant.
- Decide on the content for your programs.
- Have a meeting at the venue with your coordinator to go over all details of the wedding. Get to know our venue coordinators, here.
1 Month Left
- Attend your final dress fitting.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Confirm your honeymoon bookings.
- Order Thank You notes.
- Follow up with guests who haven’t RSVP’d yet.
- Finalise reception menu with the caterer.
- Order menu cards.
- Finalise your timeline for your ceremony and reception.
- Finalise your seating arrangement.
- Meet up with your MC.
The 1 – 2 Week wedding checklist
- Give the final head count to the caterer.
- Get your final haircut and colour.
- Have final payments and tips on hand.
- Deliver your must-have image list to your photographer and videographer & playlist to DJ’s.
The Day Before
- Lay out everything and pack for your wedding day.
- Get your nails did – mani-pedis.
- Get your beauty sleep.
The Big Day
It’s finally here! Take a deep breathe and relax. It’s time to enjoy the day you’ve been planning for so long. It’s time to start your new adventure.
- Eat a healthy, hearty brekkie.
- Give the Best Man the wedding rings and the officiant his fee.